You will be having a light peel treatment on the day of your appointment. Please follow the outline below to prepare.
- Use of PCA SKIN® daily care products prior to your peel will prepare the skin, allow for better treatment results and reduce the risk of complications. This is recommended but not mandatory. Please consult your physician or skincare clinician for appropriate recommendations for your skin type and condition.
It is recommended that you take the following into consideration:
- For best results and to reduce the risk of complications, it is recommended that you use PCA SKIN daily care products 10 to 14 days prior to treatment.
- If you are lactating, pregnant or may be pregnant, only an Oxygenating Trio or Detox Gel deep pore treatment is appropriate. Consult your OB/GYN before receiving any treatment.
- Do not go to a tanning bed two weeks prior to treatment (this practice should be discontinued due to the increased risk of skin cancer and signs of aging).
- It is recommended that extended sun exposure be avoided, especially in the 10 days prior to treatment.
- It is recommended to delay use of trentinoin, Retin-A®, Renova®, Differin®, Tazorac®, Avage®, EpiDuo™, Ziana® and high-percentage AHA and BHA products for approximately five days prior to treatment. Consult your physician before temporarily discontinuing use of any prescription medications.
PCA SKIN superficial peels result in little to no downtime but create dramatic and visible results. Treatments may cause slight redness, tightness, peeling, flaking or temporary dryness. Most patients find it unnecessary to apply makeup, as the skin will be smooth, dewy and radiant following your treatment. If you would like to apply makeup, allow approximately 15 minutes for the pH of the skin to stabilize before applying foundation.